Tuesday, December 11, 2007

That Small Holiday Thinking of You

The holidays are almost here. There are, of course, restrictions regarding gifts to and from clients in many industries. But that does not mean we in sales cannot express appreciation or that clients can’t also.

What are some ways you have shown clients you are thinking of them over the holidays? What are some ways clients have expressed their appreciation to you?

Thanks,

Linda

-----------------------------------------
Linda Richardson is founder of Richardson (http://www.richardson.com), a leading global sales training and consulting firm

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never sent a gift to clients for the Holidays however I have sent cards. I'm starting to feel cheap all of a sudden.

Richardson 2015 said...

It may be a cliché, but it is the thought that counts when it comes to gifts. And cards take thought and time. So no need to feel cheep.

I would like to describe a holiday gift from a client that cost little and showed my client was thinking of me. Since she knows I write my books by hand she sent me a really big, chubby, fun- 10 inch purple plastic pen. It made me smile and feel she went out of her way to find something perfect for me.

Best, Linda Richardson

Anonymous said...

I think it really depends.

Gift giving from one business owner to another business owner who happens to be a customer, is quite different than a salesperson in a multinational to multinational customer. And there are many points between.

Books are the safest bet in my opinion that fit most situations because they don't cost that much yet if you listen to people during the year and find their interests a book can be a most thoughtful gift and thanks to on line shopping it really is quite easy to find even the most off beat subject matter in print.

Anonymous said...

Instead of spending $1,000 on Christmas Cards/Gifts for prospects/clients, I donated it to the Macular Degeneration Foundation (in Australia)... and sent an email. I received 20+ emails congratulating me and thanking me, with some personal stories from people who had been personally touched by MD.

SalesBuzz said...

I ususally have sent holiday gift baskets to our large sales accounts.